April 15, 2016 - October 15, 2016
Live at Heartwood Institute in beautiful Humboldt County. Be immersed in Permaculture; working alongside other teachers, students, and community members.
Event starts at 12:00 AM on Friday
2016 Permaculture Apprenticeship
Are you looking to take your skills and experience to the next level?
The Apprentices will work closely with the Farm Manager to help oversee and develop the gardens and projects on- site. Additionally apprentices will work on other priority projects when needed, taking on leadership roles and being given proper support for personal success and growth.
Recognizing the best way to learn is by doing, the Apprentices will be doing hands-on service learning with us, including:
Engagement in service learning through active participation in all aspects of garden/farm production from seeding, weeding, watering, tending, harvesting, and seed saving
Development of orchards and animal husbandry systems
Assistance in infrastructure construction and maintenance including repairing and upgrading fencing, Installing water-wise irrigation systems, Building basic farm facilities (composting toilets, solar showers, etc.),
Heping with land and watershed restoration projects
- Development of farm enterprises such as market garden, herbal medicinals, and mushroom production
And much more!
The Apprentice Receives:
- Accommodation at Heartwood Institute
- Organic food prepared by staff and Apprentices
- Participation in on-site permaculture trainings
- Access to Heartwood facilities; hot-tub, sauna, and 200 acres of walking trails
- Opportunity to refine and deepen their own skills, and knowledge while cultivating the qualities of a leader and teacher
- A small living stipend
The Apprentice Agrees To:
- Approximately 30 hours of work/week
- Work with other Permaculture students coming to Heartwood
- Respect Heartwood Institutes Community Agreements
- Provide their own health care and insurance plan during their stay
We are looking for individuals who have some prior experience working within the field of Permaculture, in the farm & garden setting, natural building, appropriate technology, etc. By highlighting your knowledge and previous experience where possible we allow space for growth and deeper engagement in your particular skill set. The Apprentice should feel confident in some fields of study or work on the level of sharing and leading others. We want to be working with people who wish to develop their facilitating and leadership skills during their time here with us. Most importantly, we seek people that are passionate, motivated and love this type of work!
Interested in going? Contact the program coordinator email@example.com